Living My Best Life - January 2024

My post on Facebook with multiple pictures is struggling to upload.... that circle just keeps spinning and it is 15 minutes to midnight. I've already had to re-write it out twice after it didn't upload whilst I was at Guides this evening.

Does this mean I have accidentally started my writer badge???

What I did.....

24 New Ideas for 2024

It was a bit of a challenge coming up with 24 completely new things but I did manage in the end. That is the danger of being a poly-crafter and a guide leader for almost 20 years, you've dabbled with so many things. Jumped off a bridge (check)... Ziplined with a courgette (check)... Axe throwing (check).

2 things have been checked off already, a non-rebel online book club (with total strangers) and eating at a restaurant I've never been to before (which is tricky when there are a lot of restrictions on what you can eat).

2 more have been started with 3 new (to me) authors read this month and one merit badge towards the two needed to complete my first patch (wellness).

Vision board

Yay! Canva. I could play with canva all day..... In case you can't tell my current favourite style is making things look like an old fashioned cork board with things pinned on.


 Letter to Future Self

Saw quite a number of Rebels using this website so I gave it a try.


 

Wardrobe Clear-Out

This one was an obvious choice for me as I still have all my size 18/20 clothing despite now wearing a 10/12.  I couldn't throw away everything too big for me as my current size is due to a medical problem and I hope to return to a healthier (for me) weight when it is finally under control and I can't afford to buy it all again, having already replaced everything twice in the last two years. If it is decent quality, 12/14 and in good shape I have stored this stuff in a large suitcase for future use. Everything more than one size too big has been bagged and sent to the charity shop, a total of two large bin bags full.

No picture for this one, just imagine two very full bin bags on the back seat of my car.

Memory Jar (Tin)

The only empty jar I found smelled strongly of pickled onions so I chose this little Guide tin I've had for a few years. 

Photo was taken earlier in the month with just 4 entries but there are now 16 (what can I say, I don't get out much).


 

Annual Badge Start

Began the 52 books badge and read 8 towards that goal. I am also doing the 52 Book Club Challenge and have checked off 7/52 prompts so far.

Stars are marking my favourites reads this month.

This year I am interspacing books in a series with single books (preferably by new to me authors) as I find that if I binge a series, I have trouble keeping them separate in my brain.... they just become one giant book.





Comments